Pamper Mom and make a difference this Mother’s Day
Having trouble dreaming up a special idea for a Mother’s Day gift this year? The second Sunday in May is fast approaching, and while traditional gifts like flowers, jewelry and breakfast in bed are always appreciated, why not give mom a gift that gives back this year… one that makes not just her day, but that of someone in need?
Luckily, options for gifts that care abound. At Brewer Insurance Services, Inc., we want to share some of our favorite feel-good gift ideas that both pamper mom and make a difference.
· Soap that saves lives. Let your mom indulge with a monthly delivery of LifeSoap (www.lifesoapcompany.com) –luxurious, organic, beautifully scented soaps whose sales help fund clean-water projects in the developing world.
· Daily inspiration… and style. Give your mom a more inspired look—and life—with Beckons Organic Yoga Clothing (www.beckonsorganic.com). With four collections to suit every body type, each Beckons garment bears an inspirational “intention tag,” and the company donates clothing to organizations like the Samburu Tribe of Africa, the Women’s Resource Network, and Community Closet, among others.
· All chocolate… no guilt! Vosges Haute Chocolat (www.vosgeschocolate.com) is produced using 100 percent wind energy—not to mention it’s melt-in-your-mouth delicious, 100% organic, and utterly divine.
· Shopping with meaning. If you want to shop more broadly for socially responsible gifts, visit www.shopwithmeaning.org, where you can shop by category or by cause.
· Brunch… with a twist. Instead of taking Mom out for a fancy brunch, make it a potluck and send the money you save to Dining for Women, a nonprofit that sends your “dining out” dollars to programs that empower women worldwide.
Whatever you decide to give, and however you celebrate the second Sunday in May, we at Brewer Insurance Services, Inc. wish you and your mom a wonderful Mother’s Day!
Content provided by Safeco